Tuesday, March 15, 2022

March 2022 Update

I don't know the date of Jesus' birthday and I definitely do not celebrate Santa Claus but, I do know that if it wasn't for Christ coming to the Earth to make it possible for us to be reconciled to the Father through His death on the cross, burial and resurrection, I would not have had reason to come to Leticia Colombia in the Amazon.  I would not have become a single mother when child services asked me to become the guardian of a 13-year-old girl. She would not have been taught the Word of God to recognize the lies of the enemy in her life.  And, there would not have been a seed of love placed in her heart that would germinate when she went to The Encounter Retreat Weekend for Women this past July.  But, because Christ did come to earth and was born in Bethlehem, as was foretold, the little Yagua girl that God gave to me has committed her heart and life to serving Him. The exciting news for me was that her boyfriend also went to The Encounter Weekend for Men and was completely changed by the Holy Spirit.  Many of you gave extra to help me during the time that she was living with me and many of you continued to pray for her even after she left to live with her boyfriend.  THANK YOU!!

 

Because of your prayers and giving, the two of them decided to put their lives in order before the Lord and for their two little boys. They got married in September 2021 before a judge and got married in the church where we attend on February 5, 2022.  They moved to Bogota where Junior, Neivy's husband, has been given a job offer and an opportunity to finish his schooling.  Neivy is also completing her schooling and desires to take the REHMA Bible School training. Discipleship is not just a class taken for a few weeks. No, it is a long-term process that requires much prayer, sacrifice of time and a commitment to love unconditionally.  It is being an example in such a way that your faith may be seen and your love may be experienced. Thank you again for all your prayers and encouragement for her and me during these past few years.

 

Now, what about me? Well besides having just planned a wedding (Check it out on my Facebook), I am still teaching English and music classes. I am also practicing the violin and clarinet a lot.  I am playing with the praise and worship team. The music for the 15th anniversary of the Mission Ministries Church where I attend ministered to many. I have had the opportunity to serve teaching the youth and various other discipleship classes.  The women who attend the House of Faith (Casa de Fe) are a real joy. We are going through the Bible focused on our covenant relationship with God.  The challenge for them is to read the Bible from beginning to end in order to better understand the heart of God towards us. They were so excited about Neivy's wedding that they had dresses made to go with the wedding theme and greatly helped me in serving during the wedding.  Awesome!

 

Physically this year is challenging for me because on March 6, 2022 I received a total hip replacement.  I praise God for the Colombian health insurance that is covering most of the expenses involved in this process. Please pray for a quick recovery.  Here is a BIG praise! In May 2021 I was diagnosed with diabetes and in December I went forward for prayer against Diabetes AND GOD IS HEALING ME!   Trusting God's word and with the consent of the doctor over my case, I am no longer taking pills and insulin!! Yeah God!!

 

God has opened doors for me to do more teaching in Peru and here in Leticia, Colombia.  Please pray for wisdom as I follow the Lord's leading.  Pastor Julio and his wife Jenny Pacheco of Mission Ministries Church has stepped in to be like a bishop to a church in Caballo Cocha and for a church in Iquitos Peru.  As I am healing, I will be working with Pastors Julio and Jenny as we train and equip the church in these (among other) discipleship ministries.

 

Speaking of the challenges and blessings that God has placed before me in this year 2022.  I have finally decided to accept the challenge that many of you have asked of me and have begun to write “my story” Yaaaay! And boy do I feel challenged!! I guess this too is part of the adventure.  This year of 2022 is a great time to be alive! We will go forward and we will get the job done! Matthew 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.” (KJV)

 

Adventuring with Christ,

Min. Orchidy T Boyd

Exec. Dir. AFAMMS


No comments:

Post a Comment