Saturday, May 9, 2020

May News letter



So what can I say? Here I am in the house after having a major surgery of the feminine type. The day that I was released was the day that Colombia closed its borders. Two days later we were commanded by the government that everyone must stay in their homes because of the COVID 19 virus that has swept the world. So, you may ask, “What does a single missionary do when her country of service is closed off and because of the surgery must stay in the house anyway?”  Proverb 16:9  A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. (NASV)

She spends time praying and drawing closer to God. There are many questions that I am sure are in all of our hearts.  Some of mine are:
1.     How long will this last?
2.     What am I to be doing in the meantime?
3.     What does the face of ministry look like when you are not allowed to meet with other people outside of those who live in your own home?
4.     What about friends and family?
5.     Plus many many more questions.....

Who knows how long this will last? In the meantime, I would like to be prepared for however God is going to use me during these last days harvest.  I have seriously placed myself in training.  I am using the piano that He blessed me with to improve my abilities for praise and worship.  I am reading the Bible through again and studying last day prophecy.  I am exercising and allowing my body to heal from the recent surgery and I am  praying for family and friends as I connect with them through the internet.  THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET!

One real great blessing is that my landlady that lives downstairs from me has truly become my family.  Her daughter does the grocery shopping on the day that her I.D. Number allows her to go out of the house.  She pays the bills and buys the things needed.  God has also given me the opportunity to begin a discipleship Bible study with my landlady on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings. They have truly been a blessing to me.

Imagine! God is using many of you also to bless those here in need.  The church that I have been working with here in Leticia has had to be creative continuing to minister to the needs of the members.  Many cannot go to work and have had difficulty just feeding their families.  There is no unemployment compensation here in Colombia.  If the people don't work they can't eat! The tithes and offering of AFAMMS have been a major way of being able to help these families. Your giving has also helped us to broadcast from the local radio station encouraging messages and prayer for those who are sick. Many of you have remembered this missionary still here in the Amazon.  Because of your continued giving we are able to meet the needs of those who are struggling.  THANK YOU!!

The times have changed, but God hasn't. Many have lost loved ones and are struggling to understand why? I do know this.  God is in control! He may have allowed what has happened to the world, but He cares for each of us. My service (ministry) is to the Lord. I will worship Him on clarinet, violin, with my voice and on the piano.  I will continue to pray for you family and friends.  And, I will be ready when we come out on the other side of this pandemic for the next steps in God's plan.  Are you with me?


Adventuring with Christ,
Min. Orchidy T Boyd
Executive Dir. AFAMMS


African American Mobilization Services

Min. Orchidy T. Boyd— AFAMMS— PO Box 39803 – Redford, MI   48239-0803
What's App or Call Colombian Cell: +57 312.557.5379


No comments:

Post a Comment