Saturday, September 29, 2018

September 2018 Newsletter


Hello! Hello! Hello!


It has been quite a while since I have written to you all. Some of you have been waiting on pins and needles for an update from the Amazon.  Well.... Here it is. Question: What kind of God do you serve?  Mine is big and does great wonders. October 2017 I had surgery on my right foot, which included a bone graph from my hip. Yes, my hip bone is connected to my foot bone (O' dem bones..).  The surgery was very successful and almost a year later I am in the process to complete the other knee replacement. For the first time in years, I am walking without pain! Alelujah!!! I am now working with the therapist to strengthen my muscles.  I am looking forward to being able to traipse in the jungle once again and enjoy going to hard to reach and unreached areas with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The 15th through the 24th of October I have the awesome opportunity to go to a place called Estrecho.  This is a town in the middle of the Amazon jungle on the Peruvian side.  The outreach to this community is by boat to Iquitos, Peru on the Amazon river, then by plane to the Puntomayo River and then by small boat for about 4 hours to Estrecho.  We will do a leadership conference, pastors conference and evangelism crusade during this trip. I will be the only non-Colombian or Peruvian on this trip.  I am excited because Pastor Julio Pachecho who is my covering here in Leticia desires that I participate on this trip.  It has been a while since I could physically participate on this type of outreach in the jungle.  How can you participate with me??
1.     Pray that the timing between the surgery on my knee and the trip allows me to be able to take that week and a half in October.
2.     Pray that God will raise up persons who will help finance this trip.  The cost is $650.00 dollars, which includes transportation, room and board, and ground transportation.  The deadline for the money is the 14th of October.
3.     Pray for the souls that will be saved, hearts strengthened, liberation and healing for this region of the Amazon.
4.     Pray for safe travels and good health as we travel on the rivers, in the air and on foot.

This past summer I had the opportunity to visit with many of you at the NAAMC Mission Conference in Virginia and The Peoples Community Baptist Church in Silver Spring, Maryland. Even though I was asked to serve in both conferences, I was more blessed by those with whom I was serving.  Spending time with the participants and their families was a great joy for me.  I would encourage all of you who read my letters to take an opportunity this next year on your vacation to attend one of these conferences.  It is the best way to be informed as to what God is doing at this time in reaching the nations and to expand your vision on how you can be more effect in the areas in which God has placed you. Out of relationship flows ministry!

The time with family and friends was wonderful and FUN.  There were at least 200 persons who attended the family reunion during the entire weekend.  There were people that I knew and people who I got to know that I never knew.  What a blessing to have a legacy of the presence of God in the generations of a family. Pastor Julio says “an inheritance is what is given to you a legacy is what is put into you..”  A legacy last to the third and forth generation at least.  What are you putting into your family?  Thank you God for the opportunity to share Your gospel with my family.

These next few months I will be completing the last year of the RHEMA Bible Institute. Please keep me in your prayers as I complete the course.  I have learned much over these last few years. I am also still teaching English and music classes.  I am learning piano in order to keep up with a very gifted musician that is serving on the worship team.  Please pray for us as I am using all my training to advance him so that he will be able to study in the university.

This has been an extremely busy year with hosting missionary families, taking on two housemates (Aida and Elenid in the above photo), teaching Saturday Bible study, healing from surgery and preparing for the 2nd knee replacement.  The presence of your prayers and encouragement has been and is a sustaining force for me in serving here in the Amazon.  Thank you!!

More about next year's Praise and Worship outreach opportunities in the next newsletter.  To make a donation for the Estrecho Peru trip, please send your donation before the 15th of October to the below PayPal address or to the PO Box address.  Together we will make a difference in Estrecho Peru.

Adventuring with Christ,
Min. Orchidy T Boyd
Executive Dir. AFAMMS

 
African American Mobilization Services (AFAMMS)
Min. Orchidy T. Boyd— AFAMMS— PO Box 39803 – Redford, MI   48239-0803
What's App or Call Colombian Cell: +57 312.557.5379

No comments:

Post a Comment