Yes! This is a different type of newsletter. Sometimes the missionary needs to be direct and let their readers know exactly what is happening so that their prayers can be more specific and effective. Permit me to lay it out in this manner.
THE VISION: Every tribe, nation and tongue participating in the advancement of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Speed the return of Christ – Matthew 24:14 take the gospel to all the nations
Make disciples that will speed the return of Christ – Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Timothy 2:2
So what does this look like in real life? One chooses a location that has less opportunity to hear the gospel message, a place that is full of people in need and a place that God put in your heart. One may not know or understand the complete strategy for your life in this place, but that is not the responsibility of the person who chooses to go. The responsibility of the one who chooses to “go” is found in Psalm 37.
Last year I was excited about being part of a project here in the Amazon. I shared with many of you the vision for the project. The family that was to lead the project seemed to be full of expectations to realize the vision of a discipleship training school, indigenous led and self-sustaining. God brought the children of Israel into the desert not to test them, but to show them what was really in their hearts. Bottom line... The riches of this world and what they had to give up in Chia weighed more heavily than the souls of many people. After 3 ½ months here in Leticia they decided to return to their home in Chia.
Where does that leave me in all this? Psalm 37:3-9 gives direction. Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness...Trust in the Lord...Commit my way to Him...Rest... He will do it. God is still in charge of the results or fruit in my life. My responsibility is to dwell in the land, trust in Him and commit my way to Him. So here I am!
I am living in the middle of the Amazon jungle. My only desires at present are to explain the gospel message of Jesus Christ to as many who will listen, disciple those whom God places in my path (way) and cultivate faithfulness loving and serving in the local church under which is my covering here in Leticia Colombia. Here are some of the great blessings that God has given to me these past four months.
- While the Rodriguez family was with me, they helped with the household chores during the most difficult part of my recovery from knee replacement surgery.
- My daughter and her fiancée Junior asked to be discipled and are going through the process to marry according to the Word of God and the government of Colombia. They will be married in June.
- They have chosen to live with me and desire to learn and practice being a real family according to Biblical principles. As a result of their decisions, Junior has had the opportunity to share with his brother and his girlfriend. Please pray for them. We are now a family of 4 (Me, Neivy my God given daughter, Junior and baby Elias (6 months) my grand-baby).
- I have started English classes in the Mission Ministries Church where I attend. I am teaching from a Biblical base... training and equipping so that my students can be more effective in reaching the nations for Christ.
- The part that I like most about what God is doing in my life, besides the gift of family, is that I am part of the worship team in Mission Ministries Church here in Leticia. This gives me opportunity to do what I like most. Worship! I am teaching music and playing my clarinet and violin. I am praying for a Yamaha electric Cello to add to the worship team. Please pray with me for this instrument.
The conclusion is this. People may come or leave. Projects may be started or ended. But, those who will serve the Lord dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
I will be in the States from July 11, 2017 through the end of August. I hope to see many of you or connect with you. Thank you so much to those of you who have been praying and giving! I could not have survived these past few months without your participation. May God bless you greatly!!
Psalm 27:13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
14 Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!
Adventuring with Christ,
Min. Orchidy T Boyd
African American Mobilization Services (AFAMMS)
Min. Orchidy T. Boyd— AFAMMS— PO Box 39803 – Redford, MI 48239-0803
What's App or Call Colombian Cell: +57 312.557.5379
PayPal address: email@example.com