Thursday, July 14, 2016

July News Letter


My dear family and friends,

What an exciting time to be alive! I am well into the second year of RHEMA and doing well.  I thought it would be more difficult to study in Spanish, but until now it has only been a challenge.  The classes are intriguing and refreshing.  We just completed a session on Leadership and one on Angeles and Demons.  It is good to be a part of the special creation of God, mankind.

I have been receiving exciting responses from Vista Alegre where we had the youth conference in April.  The youth have started meeting in the evenings at the church doing Bible study and working on praise and worship music.  They are impatient for us to begin the indigenous discipleship training school.  In July, I will be returning to the community, Lord willing, to encourage and develop plans for building.  We desire to build a 2 story building near the church for classes and housing for visiting teachers. At one time, I believed that I would teach in the Yagua community alone, but God always thinks bigger and more inclusive of others.  Those who attended the conference in April were Ticuna and Cocama. The Yaguas did not participate, since then I have been told that there are some that want to be a part of the training school.  Hallelujah! Please keep this in your prayers.

We have been given wood and land to start building the 2 story-training center in the Vista Alegre Community. I would like to invite you to be a part of this vision for reaching the youth and tribal communities in this region.  The building will be for housing visiting teachers and students.  It will be used for training classes and dining.  The students will have work projects while attending the training school that will assist in the maintenance of the facilities and cost of room and board. We would like for this to be an ongoing self-sustained discipleship ministry where the students learn the Word of God but also demonstrate their knowledge through integrity and Godly character. We have chosen 2Timothy 2:2 (And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.) to be the model of the discipleship-training program.  Indigenous youth reaching other indigenous youth with the gospel of Jesus Christ so that they can reach others and we can complete the mandate of Jesus and get the job done.

You ask, “How can I become a part of this project?” 1. By first of all, praying for us here in the Amazon: Ricardo Elias, Irene Guzman Charry his wife and me, Orchidy Boyd. Also, Elias’ parents who are pastoring in Vista Alegre and have generously given us the land and wood for building.
2. Secondly, by giving toward the building costs. It will cost approximately $50,000.00 to complete the construction of the buildings needed for the training school. We are asking you or your group to prayerfully begin saving (setting aside monies to sow a seed) for this year until August of 2017. Maybe a special offering once a week that can be presented in August 2017. In August 2017, Elias and I will visit with you or your church group so that you can meet Ricardo Elias (the director) and ask your questions of us and give your donation seed for this great work. (1 Cor. 9)
3. Last but not least, you may plan a trip to help in the construction process.  Many Godly hands make light work.
*Note: We are in the middle of the Amazon Jungle. Those that come to help build next year must be prepared for very rustic camping conditions.

I will be coming to the states to attend a mission conference in Silver Spring, MD July 14th through the 17th.  I will then look forward to visiting as many of you as possible during the time that I am in the USA.  If you would like to try to connect with me I can be reached through my email, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or SKYPE. I will be returning to Colombia September 12th. I will try to call as many as I can,  if I miss you, please feel free to contact me. Donations are best sent to me through PayPal at: safricanamericanmobilization@yahoo.com. You may also go to my Blogspot: http://afamms.blogspot.com for more information or to donate by clicking on the yellow donate button. Donations may also be sent to the above address. 

November 1st I will be starting the process for a knee replacement.  I will be meeting with the doctors in Bogota. Please keep this in your prayers as I am traveling on this bad knee.  It is by God’s grace that I am made strong! He has kept me and many have been reached because of His faithfulness with me.  Thank you for your prayers and giving. You help make this all possible!

Check out the GREAT motor scooter that your prayers and giving has provided for the ministry.  Let’s just take this time at the end of this letter to Praise our Great God for what He has done, what He is doing and what He will do through us here in the Amazon!


Adventuring with Christ,
Min. Orchidy T, Boyd
Exec. Director AFAMMS

African American Mobilization Services (AFAMMS)
  Min. Orchidy T. Boyd— AFAMMS— PO Box 39803 – Redford, MI   48239-0803

  SKYPE: orchi41 or Call Colombian Cell: 57 312.557.5379

                                                                           E-mail: orchi41@gmail.com  Website: http://afamms.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I went to see the land that was given and it is beautiful. It sits overlooking the Amazon river. The students will have great times drawing close to God while enjoying His nature.

    ReplyDelete