Saturday, May 18, 2019

Celebrating 10 Years in the Amazon


Hello! Hello! Hello! All I can say is that “My God is Worthy to be Served!” Now after 2 years and four major surgeries, I am walking like I have never walked in my life.  The second and third surgeries were to correct the position of my right foot and to repair the tendon that had torn.  The first and last surgeries were total knee replacements. The manner in which the surgeons replaced the knees corrected the deformity that I had since birth, and now my feet are straight in stead of being turned inward.  Hallelujah!! When I left the States 10 years  ago after a bad car accident, the doctors then said that I would always be in pain.  I decided then that if I would be in pain that I might as well be in pain serving God in the Amazon reaching people who had little to no chance of hearing the gospel.  Pain at home is the same as pain abroad. BUT GOD...  God said that He would that none should perish.  When we focus our lives on what He wants He provides for ALL of our needs according to His riches in Glory in Christ Jesus. I am celebrating 10 years of serving God in the Amazon region of Colombia, Peru, and Brazil!!!  Because of His loving care for me, I will be able to continue to serve Him with better health than when I came.  “By His stripes we were healed!” “I will rejoice in You and be glad!”

I celebrate each and everyone of you who receive my news letters!! You could have blocked me, but you chose to read them.  Many of you have prayed and kept watch over what God was doing here in the Amazon.  Many of you not only prayed but have sent your finances with those prayers. You have sown seed and the harvest that we have reaped together has eternal blessings. And then, there are those of you who have come to Leticia, Amazonas Colombia to visit with me and to encourage me in the work that God has placed before us. I could not have done these 10 years without you! You have been my team and it is because of your diligence that many who would not have heard the Gospel message now have the opportunity to also serve our God. Thank you!!

So, how has God allowed us to serve Him so far this year?
1.     We have shown hospitality to 15 ministry leaders, families and individuals in need of room and board and a little loving care and/or counseling as they traveled or were in transition.
2.     We have shared the gospel message with 10 music, English and Spanish students.
3.     We have networked with pastors and ministries in Bogota, Leticia Colombia and Tabatinga, Brazil in preaching the gospel and worshiping with them on clarinet, venova and violin.
4.     We have served on the Praise and Worship team at the Mission Ministries Church with Pastors Julio and Jenny Pacheco
5.     And, we have been in constant prayer for the advancement of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in this area of the Amazon.  HALLELUJAH!!!!!
This year is not yet complete! We will continue in celebration for the....
1.     Upcoming plasma transfusion in my right shoulder Thursday May 23, 2019 and the $400.00 dollars to pay for this process (My insurance will not cover it in Leticia).
2.     The NAAMC Mission Conference in Virginia where I will be teaching on “The Function of Praise and Worship in Missions” June 20th – June 25th , 2019
3.     We will celebrate the $3000.00 that will come in during the month that I will be in the States visiting with Pastors and church leaders.  I will be sharing the vision for 2020 Praise and Worship Outreach in the Amazon.  I hope to see many of you while I am in the States.  - June 19-July 28th , 2019
4.     Mission Conference in Bogota Colombia where I will be teaching on “Our Responsibility to Get the Job Done”
5.     The fiances to attend my Dad's 90th Birthday Celebration in October in Detroit, Michigan
6.     1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (KJV)
We are truly on an adventure and one day we will celebrate all together for all eternity what God has allowed us to do with Him and for His Name's sake here on earth!!!

If you would like to join in the future celebrations of this year with financial support, you may send it to the addresses above in the letter head P.O. Box or the PayPal address.  You may also press the yellow donate button on the blogspot that will assist you in your giving.  Keep Praying! Keep Giving! And, come on down in 2020. Together we Celebrate our living Lord!

Celebrating 10 years Adventuring with Christ in the Amazon,
Min. Orchidy T Boyd
Executive Dir. AFAMMS

African American Mobilization Services
Min. Orchidy T. Boyd— AFAMMS— PO Box 39803 – Redford, MI   48239-0803
What's App or Call Colombian Cell: +57 312.557.5379


No comments:

Post a Comment