Monday, December 16, 2013

December News Letter


Here we are in the Motor City (Detroit) experiencing a true Michigan winter.  The fun of seeing Neivy's face as she saw snow for the first time, the joy of throwing her first snowball and her realization that her concept of cold was not like anything she knew.  I thank God for the Winter coat and boots that were brought to the house for her.  God knew what she needed to outlast a Detroit Thanksgiving Parade on a snowy day.  Thank you friends and family for your heart of giving. You are blessing us! 

After the challenges of traveling on Spirit Airlines, extra airline fees for arriving late to Bogota on LAN, having to stay in Bogota for 3 extra days, no food for a whole day of travel (Spirit does not serve meals on international flights), lost luggage for 4 days and realizing that the cell phone number that I had just bought on the previous trip had been given away to someone else, one could justify having a bad attitude.  BUT, for the grace of God!!!! We are on an adventure and you gotta take the good with the bad.  That's what builds character.  If anyone needs to call me, I am on Skype and Facebook and gmail as long as I have internet access.

Just an update on the outreach ministry with the group from Trinidad and Tobago. FANTASTICO!! The Trini culture is very happy and free.  We literally had a Holy Ghost party in the city plaza.  There were many who came to know Christ as their Lord and Savior. The Assembly of God Faith church was initiated with the new converts and we celebrated with many of the pastors from the Assembly churches in both Leticia and Tabatinga.  The pastor of the new church networks with the church that Neivy and I are now attending and I believe that God wants me to work with them both this next year.  I am excited about the move of God in these churches in the Amazon.

This trip has 3 purposes.  The first is to give Neivy and I a chance to know one another better without outside interference of well meaning family and friends.  We are working on her English and she is having the opportunity  to learn about my culture.  We need your prayers because this is a challenge for us both.  I need God's wisdom in helping her through the culture shock to get to a point of enjoyment.  We have had some breakthroughs Praise God!  The second purpose is to get some much needed rest for both of us.  This past year has been a challenge. Neivy leaving her home, going to a new school, and getting a new mother all at once.  Me becoming a single parent mother of a teenager, changes in ministry focus and location, working through how to organize my life with Fibromyalgia and physical recovery of tendons and muscles in my legs and right foot. (As some of you may remember my visits last year for fund raising, that I was traveling with a recently fallen arch).  BY the grace of God, we made it through! And, the third purpose is to deal with some important AFAMMS Board issues.

I would like for you all to consider this holiday season giving a special offering that will go towards some of those extra costs of living in the states as a family of two (which is much different than when I traveled by myself).  This will help with some transportation costs and living expenses. I do not know all the things that God wants to do with us on this trip but, through your giving you will be making a impact in the life of a young girl.  Some of you do year end giving for tax purposes.  This is a way of blessing your missionaries. So, even if you are giving to different missionaries... give.  May God bless you all more abundantly above all that you can ask or think!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Donations by check or money order:
AFAMMS (do not put my name on the check)
PO Box 39803
Redford, MI   48239-0803


Adventuring with Christ,
Min. Orchidy T Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment