It is that time of year. Summer has come and I am once again traveling in the States. This has been a very busy year for me. It has also been very exciting. In February, my cousins from Costa Rica came to visit with their pastors of the International Baptist Church of Costa Rica. What a joyful time we had. Even though it was a very short visit, they were able to travel on the Amazon River with me and connect with the church that I am working with in Caballo Cocha. Pastor Paul preached and his wife and my cousins shared with the church. They were a great help with the baptism of the new converts. Yes, we baptized them in the river. I think they had more fun with the adventure of traveling on river transportation to and from our various destinations. I look forward to their next visit to Leticia Amazonas. Pray for the Pastor Maritza of Caballo Cocha she is very sick and needs a complete healing.
After their visit I was very busy with logistics for my home church, Christ Kingdom Church, from Maryland. They came for a much longer time and were able to visit with all the different ministries with which I am connected in this region. Two weeks before they came I spent time in Iquitos Peru doing discipleship teaching with the two churches that I have been assigned to by my pastor here in Ministerio de Misiones Church, Pastor Julio Pacheco. It was good that I was able to spend time teaching in both churches. God moved and before I left we baptized eleven persons. I was also able to better set up the logistics for the Christ Kingdom Church (CKC). WOW! WOW! WOW! It had been quite a while since my church came to visit. Neivy, my daughter, her husband Junior and my grandsons Elias and Eliseo are staying with me in the apartment downstairs. They were a great help to me during the CKC Vision Trip. Those that came are my State side leaders and after visiting with and getting to know the people and ministries with which I am connected, They now desire to become more directly involved with the work here in the Amazon. This makes my heart leap for joy!
Every year I have to do my yearly Humana Health check-ups. I planned to come to the States at the end of July, but I received a call from a church in Silver Springs, MD which is not far from my home church in District Heights. So... I ended up arriving at the beginning of July and participated in an awesome mission conference entitled Missions by the Book 10. The focus was on going past our limits and trusting God and serving Him BOUNDLESSLY. I believe that all those who attended were greatly challenged to let go of the things that keep us from advancing in our service with Jesus whether it is at home or abroad.
The following week placed me with my church, Christ Kingdom Church in District Heights. There I taught an introductory Spanish class (That will be ongoing until they return to Leticia next year.) and preached on routine. Sometimes it is so easy to fall into routine in our christian lives that we stop listening for God's voice and His direction. We begin to focus on our wants and desires and stop considering God's wants and desires. He desires so much for us, but we need to be willing to walk according to His plans and not ours. Many responded to the message and committed to take that leap of faith and step out of routine.
For the first time in a long time I spent a much needed vacation with my family reunion. I definitely had been out of touch with my family and now I can pray more intelligently for their needs, God is Good!
While I have been here in the States my family and friends in Colombia have been looking for a property where I will be able to continue to serve the people who God continues to bring to me for classes, music, discipleship, Bible studies and hospitality for pastors and ministry leaders who need a place to stay. The place where I have been renting for the last 10 years is being sold. Please be in prayer with me as it will cost $100,000. for the property that we are looking at buying. Since I am now a legal resident of Colombia, I just need to apply for the documents that I will need to buy property in Colombia. Pray! Pray! Pray! Psalm 37 is an encouragement to me to keep trusting and waiting on the Lord because He will bring it to pass. He will do it! Together we will advance His kingdom in the Amazon.
Adventuring with Christ,
Min. Orchidy T Boyd
Exec. Dir. AFAMMS
Thursday, August 20, 2026
Summer News Letter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment